This is a half hour long video so make time to watch :) Also, it's more of a recap than a review...
To prove just how excited I was for the film, here are some pictures of the nail design that I made for the release of the movie. I finished this design a week before the movie came out so I wasn't able to remove my nail polish for a whole week. As someone who loves painting nails, it was torture! I had so many ideas brewing in my head but I was unable to use them! Le Struggle~! Well, enjoy the pictures:
|Yellow Brick Road|
|Yellow Brick Road Leading to the Emerald City|
Here are the notes that I was reading off of (decided to transcribe it onto here so you guys can read my ridiculous comments to myself):
- B&W Opening <3
- Young Mila Kunis in wheel chair in audience during the show. (The little girl sounds like her, is naive)
- Frank the assistant -> flying monkey
"You're just a trained monkey"
- Annie = Michelle Williams. She marries Dorothy's dad John Gale
"Kansas is full of good men...I don't want to be a good man, I want to be a great one"
- Tornado + running from bad guy (strongman) -> same as Dorothy
- this would look so good in 3D (the stuff flying around in the tornado)
- he says he promises to change and then everything slows down?? that was way too fast
- oh the moment when all the colors appear <3 slowly becomes widescreen
- this would be an awesome roller coaster -> hot air balloon ride
- beautiful, vibrant flowers, everything so musical! My favorite scene!!
- Mila Kunis's outfit! - Theodora the Good Witch
- River fairies, so scary!
- James Franco, still cute but a little creepy, he's going to break her heart!! I love her pants! You just met and you're already making out?!?
- Yellow brick road, sunflowers! Lion??
- Evanora. Green, evil?
- "Thanks, sourpuss" "my name is Nuk!"
- Theodora: fireball, temper
- Greedy, Scrooge McDuck - treasury
- Just because I'm a monkey, I must love bananas
- green horses - made out of gems
- China Town - so pretty, there's arms and faces everywhere!
would be a cool place to see in real life
wheel chair girl
helping a girl walk - so cute
fake crying - sass, dramatic
- Crows: "You'll die, you'll die!"
- Creepy eyes in the forest, scary plants!! AHHHHH!! (AIW)
- China girl has attitude and a knife lol!!
- That's a cemetary
- Witch of the South - Glinda the good witch (Annie)
- Evanora so evil, breaks Theodora's heart.cool nails!!! Her tears burn her face?? Evanora: commands scary baboons
- the king has a lion statute (looks like Aslan)
- BABOONS!! screeamm
- Rainbow fog, bubbles! Emerald + ruby flowers
- "All good hearted souls get to pass throug-"
- Wanda? Why did Oz call her Wanda? (Glinda)
- Green APPLE (snow white) turns her green! I thought it was going to kill her. She found out who the wicked witch is!!
Green hand, even she screamed!
- Farmers (quadlings): make scarecrows
Tinkers (sounds like thinkers): make anything (tin man?)
Glinda can see right through Oz
Munchkins - can't fight, make pretty clothes and they sing
OHHH He thought her name was Wanda
- Theodora: love the black dress, scary green nose.
- China girl wishes for a family
"I know I'm not be the wizard you were expecting, but I might just be the wizard that you need." (batman!)
- making scarecrows
Glinda's city looks like a disney castle
"We have nothing to fear as long as we believe. For when you do believe, anything is possible"
show them no mercy? is this a kids film?
hot air balloon ;)
does he have hair gel with him in Oz?
- The carriage to Emerald City - sounds like star wars music?
- LOL The baboons that fall from the sky are so funny
is he going to escape in the hot air balloon?
they're torturing Glinda!!
- Finley does sound effects like always hahahaha
- Fireworks! So beautiful! - unleashing the stars!
- Harry potter and Voldemort's showdown (necklace: glowing, must be important)
- baboons flying off with Evanora at the end
Tinker - swiss army knife
Finley - friendship
China girl - family
Glinda - Love, greatness, goodness
- Need to watch Wizard of Oz!